An AKC Bred with H.E.A.R.T breeder makes an on-going commitment to the health and well-being of purebred dogs by
committing to these program requirements:
Certifying that their breeding stock is health tested in accordance with the recommendations of their breed's
National Breed Club.
Promising that they will pursue AKC provided or AKC approved continuing breeder education so that they stay current
on the best breeding practices, including advances in canine health.
Agreeing to comply with the AKC Care and Conditions Policy, including inspections by the AKC, and promising to
share with AKC health testing and continuing education documentation.
Accepting responsibility for the health and well-being of the puppies they produce and for complying with all laws
regarding the ownership and maintenance of dogs.
Upholding the AKC's tradition of breeding purebred dogs that are happy and healthy.
THE FOLLOWING MUST BE MET IN ORDER TO BE ACCEPTED INTO THE PROGRAM:
- Have registered at least one AKC litter within the past 5 years
- Be in good standing with the AKC
- Certify that applicable health screens are performed on breeding
stock as recommended by the respective AKC Parent Club and be prepared to supply proof of such compliance upon
- Must agree to comply with the AKC Care and Conditions Policy, including
inspection(s) by the American Kennel Club or its duly authorized representative
- Must agree to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and
regulations regarding the ownership and maintenance of dogs
- Must agree to complete AKC-approved and/or AKC-provided continuing breeder
education courses annually